HFRG Threat Pattern Recognition Use of Force Instructor Course
September 16-20, 2019
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Missouri Sheriffs’ Association
6605 Business 50 West
Jefferson City, MO 65109
COST: Contracted Agencies $50 for the manual / Non-Contracted Agencies $500.00 includes manual
1. Evolution of a Human Factor Engineered System
2. Threat Pattern Recognition Methodology
3. Design Methodology
4. Combat Human Factors
5. Combat Use of Force and Survival Principles
6. Relative Positioning Model
7. Tactical Handcuffing
8. Escort Position and Joint Lock Control
9. Pressure Point Control Tactics
10. Defensive Counterstrikes
11. Shoulder Pin Restraint System
12. Impact Weapon/Collapsible Baton System
13. Weapon Retention/Disarming
14. Identifying the Limits of Firefight Performance & Threat Pattern Recognition Solution
15. TPR Resistance Movement Time Examples
16. Instructor Development and Training Protocols.
POST CLEE CREDIT (included in cost)
2 Legal Studies
14 Technical Studies
20 Skill Development
4 Skill Development-Firearms
This 40 hour instructor level course is designed to develop the skills of the participant so they can train others in the use of subject control techniques designed to control the most common types of resistance officers encounter.
You must be capable of strenuous physical activity and meet at least one of the following criteria in order to attend:
1. A current PPCT/HFRG instructor;
2. A PPCT/HFRG t instructor whose certification expired within the past 12 months; or
3. A PPCT/HFRG practitioner trained within the past 24 months.
Note: this course is not intended to teach the basic techniques. The focus will be on developing your skills for teaching other the techniques. Participants’ ability to properly demonstrate each technique will be assessed the first day. Those with inadequate skills will be sent home.
EQUIPMENT & SUPPLIES
Holster & Training Pistol
Handcuffs, Handcuff Case & Handcuff Key
Pen, Pencil, & Highlighter
Clothing suitable for strenuous physical activity
CLASS SIZE: Limited to 16
MORE INFO: Contact Donna Arney 573-635-9644, ext. 106 or Kevin Merritt at 573-301-7728 or email@example.com