- Patrol Rifle Instructor Course
September 26, 2019 - September 28, 2019
8:00 am - 9:00 pm
Event Phone: (573) 635-9644
If you have completed the MSA Firearms Instructor Course you only need to attend September 27th and 28th, 2019.
Firearms instructors take your skills and abilities to a new level. The addition of the semiautomatic rifle has increased the effectiveness of the patrol officer, but it also offers challenges to the trainer. This two-day course is mentally and physically demanding, so participants must be in good physical condition. Both days will run longer than the minimum of eight (8) hours with low light shoot. Our 44-hour Firearms Instructor Course is a precursor to this program.
Topics include the following
- Sighting, zeroing and carries
- Weapon storage
- Loading, unloading and reloading
- Training and range safety
- Close quarter engagements and weapon retention
- Stoppages and failure drills
- Low light shooting
- Instructional techniques
Due to the interactive and practical nature of this course, class size is limited to 20 students.
Students must be a licensed Peace Officer or employed in the law enforcement field and already be a Basic Firearms Instructor (per-approval required); Three plus years of law enforcement experience is recommended.
Dates & Time
September 26th, 2019
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
and September 27th, & 28th, 2019
1:00p.m. – 9:00p.m.
Classroom #1, Training Center
Missouri Sheriffs’ Association Training Academy
6605 Business 50 West
Jefferson City, Missouri
Bring the following necessary equipment
- Semiautomatic rifle with a minimum of three 20-round magazines and sling
- 1,000 rounds of factory ammunition
- Duty or tactical gear, including armor
- Service pistol with 150 rounds minimum
- Hearing and wrap-around eye protection
- High-intensity flashlight
- Clothing for all weather conditions
- Personal hydration equipment
- Elbow/knee pads and ball cap encouraged
Limit of 20 students