RadKIDS® (resisting aggression defensively) is a personal empowerment and safety education program for children ages 5-12. The program, to be offered from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, March 4, includes lecture, safety drills, muscle memory exercises and dynamic simulation. Classes are 8 hours in length.
RadKIDS® topics include:
– Home, School and Vehicle Safety
– Out and About Safety
– Realistic Defense Against Abduction
– Good-Bad-Uncomfortable Touch and more.
– Stranger Tricks (including Physical Defense against Abduction)
– Self-realization of personal power
Parents/guardians are encouraged to attend the training, but it is not mandatory. Manuals will be provided prior to class, so that parents/guardians will know all of the material that will be covered, prior to the class.
RadKIDS® is open to boys and girls ages 5 to 12. Students must attend all 6 hours for completion of the course.
All classes will be held at the Boone County Sheriff’s Department at 2121 East County Drive, Columbia, unless noted otherwise.
To register for a class, send the following information to RAD@boonecountymo.org
– Student’s Name and Age
– Name of Parent/Guardian (For students under 17 years of age)
– Email Address Contact
– Phone Contact
– Dates of Class the student will attend